OMG GUYS! This tastes amazing. I know what you are thinking … because I say this about every recipe that I introduce to you guys; but, this is really good. That is why I am introducing it to you! These platanos/ plantains are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside and I cannot emphasize how perfect they came out. And I am sharing it with you.
If you prefer to see this in video click Here or you can scroll down to the bottom of this post
One last note: I believe that we shouldn’t deprive ourselves of what we want. However, I do believe that the foods we are currently surrounded by are detrimental to our health and therefore we shouldn’t eat them. I found a middle ground, and I call it “Healthy Alternatives”. They are healthier versions of our favorite comfort foods. And the best part is…. they are GUILT FREE! I hope you enjoy this recipe.
+ Yellow Plantains
+ Coconut Oil or Olive Oil
+ Cooking Spray
+ Aluminum Foil or Parchment Paper
+ Baking Sheet
+ Mixing Bowl
1. Cut off the edges of the plantain, then slice it down the middle vertically so you can remove the skin.
2. Take a knife and slice the plantain horizontally until you cut the whole plantain into pieces.
3. Take the cut pieces and place them into a mixing bowl and add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (make sure you mix them together fast because the coconut oil will harden, especially if you took the plantains out of the refrigerator).
4. Place a piece of aluminum foil inside your baking sheet (this is for easy clean up). Then spray it with cooking spray (so the plantains won’t stick to the foil).
5. Pre-heat your oven to 425°
6. When heated up, put the baking sheet on the bottom rack for 15 minutes.
7. After the 15 minutes, flip them onto the other side for another 15 minutes.
8. Now they are DONE… Enjoy!